Friday, January 29, 2016

Permission to Play


For all those who love art journaling and mixed media have you should check out Carolyn Dube's blog!  She has wonderful posts and workshops including free ones!  I recently signed up for her Permission To Play workshop and joined her "A Colorful Place To Play" FB page.  She encourages just playing and finding a little bit of time to do so.

I'm going to also link up to her monthly linky party as well!

These are some of my playtime results, none of which are final pieces!

These are some pages I made using a 6x6 Gelli Plate and applying the paint (Dylusions Paints) using a palette knife.

 Starting to play with the first Permission to Play lesson using cardboard pieces.  This "print" in the center is on deli paper and it's mostly excess ink I took off.

My few cardboard backgrounds started.  The wet ink is the Liquitex ink you can see in the picture it was still wet when I took the picture.

I'll have loads more to share!  I have also been playing around with backgrounds alot in a journal I just got so I'll share some of those soon!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Maria

3 comments:

Mac Mable said...

This is what I love doing...just playing. Not always a finished project either but to see what the mediums etc can do. I love learning from very creative crafters and artists out there in the blog world and I do so love it! Thank you for the inspiration today...off now to have a play x

Plush Possum Studio said...

You really do know how to play with color! Nicely played!

froebelsternchen said...

Great playing with colors!
oxo
FROEBELSTERNCHEN
ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...