Monday, April 29, 2013

Creative Dare - Art Journal Challenge


Happy Monday!  So as you all know I've been into art journaling lately and loving it!  I still make cards but this is a refreshing change.  Sometimes you just need to switch it up a bit.

So I came across this fabulous artist sit Tracy Weinzapfel.  She does amazing work, has a live webshow every Monday, fun stuff!

She also hosts a monthly journal challenge and this month it has to do with 5 words that mean something to you right now in your life.  Being the stamper that I am I decided to search for stamps of words that would fit and of course I used Unity Stamp Co Stamps.

I had a 2 page spread in my journal started.  It had blobs of acrylic paints, shiny kind actually.  I wanted to at least still use these pages so I just went at it with inks, distress paints, stencils to finish off a background.


This is how it looked before I even picked out words.

Then I picked out words and since they are some what small words I decided to stamp them repeatedly on paper sort of creating a background effect on paper.  I used Different Dreams, Imagine, Create, Inspire and the Happiness one is from an old Unity kit and I think it may be retired now.

Then I cut circles using my big shot and circle scalloped nestablities from these sheets of words and came up with this:


I cut out each word and adhered it over the circles to make the words pop a little in a different color.  I used Matte Gel by Liquitex to adhere into my journal.

Then I pulled out Stylin Stars and stamped those in some neon and archival inks, cut them out, distressed the edges with inks and adhered those into my journal.


My edge was finished just by drawing scallops using black ink and white dots in the middle of each scallop.

Here is my finished spread:




Close ups of each side:






Stay tuned because this FRIDAY MAY 3 is my ART JOURNAL BLOG HOP!  I coordinated with a few other art journaler's.  I hope you'll swing by and check it out there will be some prizes!

Well that's all for today!


Thanks for stopping by!


Maria

3 comments:

Rhonda Halushka said...

This is gorgeous! Love the bright colors! Great words too!

SandeeNC said...

I love the repetition of circles and stars and that lovely bright background! Great job! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

BlackDamaskDesigns said...

Wow the words look so cool! Great job

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...