Saturday, July 30, 2011

Just Us Girls Challenge #95

Time for another fun challenge with JUST US GIRLS! This week's Lisa is our hostess with the mostess and she has challenged us to use fabric (ribbon does not count) on our projects!

I have to confess I made this card a little while ago but never posted it because I submitted it to a publication call which did not get picked up. So I thought this would be the perfect time to share it.

Here I used Unity Stamps and papers from Cosmo Cricket (Material Girl). My solids are from Stampin Up. I stamped my Unity Cupcake pincushion image on a piece of red material twice and cut it out. I sewed them together and used some cotton balls on the inside to make it pillow like. I stamped the image one more time on pattern paper and cut out the bottom part and using fabric glue adhered it to the "pillow".


Be sure to stop by the Just Us Girls girlies and leave them some love!



♥♥ Just Us Girls Design Team ♥♥

Andrea
Christina MacLaren, July Featured Designer

How to play: Upload your project for this week's challenge to your online blog or public photo gallery. Leave a link that goes directly to your project in the Linky Tools form at the bottom of the JUGS post. Please use keyword or tag, JUGS95.

Deadline to be considered for top pick, "Chic of the Week", is 9:00 PM EST on Thursday, August 4th. The Linky Tools form will close at that time. We will announce our "Chic of the Week" on the following Friday.

That's all for now!

Till later....

3 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

This is amazing! I cannot believe it wasn't picked up! What a clever way to create the pincushion! Love it! The papers are so pretty and perfect for your theme! I must confess I've always loved pincushions...don't know why! I may have to get that stamp! Great job with the challenge!

Christina said...

Your pincushion is so cute! I love the cheerful colors and textures on this, and I love the idea of using cotton balls behind the fabric to add dimension.

Thanks for having me on the JUGS team this month! It's been a ton of fun!

Andrea M said...

Maria, your pincushion is so creative girl! I LOVE it! What a wonderful way to use fabric on a card! Great job!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...