Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Queen Kat Designs Wednesday

Welcome to the middle of the week and another Queen Kat Designs creation using the awesome Amy Brown fairies! Today I used Spell Caster Fairy.

Since taking the "She Art" Class with Christy Tomlinson I've been loving working on canvas board and paints. Today I used Queen Kat Deisgns Spell Caster image by Amy Brown.

Here is what I came up with:


This is a 4x6 canvas board. I started with paints, then some stamping for the background. Added some random pieces of papers, stamped over them. Stamped and cut out the fairy, paper piecing her dress. All the images you see are Queen Kat Designs.

It's different from making standard cards and scrapbook pages. I love going out my comfort zone with this stuff. I have a few art journals I enjoy working in as well. But I am not leaving the comfort and fun of making cards!

I used the following Queen Kat Designs stamps for this piece:

Aged Text
Butterfly Writings
Friends Forever


Closeup:

That's it for now!


2 comments:

Susan N. said...

I really like your card, so creative. I like it because it is different. If I received this in the mail it would make me happy and it would be one I would keep. Thanks for sharing.

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Maria! I am really loving the influence Christy Tomlinson is having on all my Unity friends!!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...