Saturday, June 26, 2010

Just Us Girls - Template Challenge



This week it's template week with Just Us Girls and I got to pick the challenge. I have always loved apron cards! I remember making them all the time many years ago and just recently getting back into it. It's a fun one you don't want to miss. There is a fabulous apron template HERE at Mirkwood Designs. Mirkwood also has a great blog HERE you don't want to miss.

Here is what I came up with:




So I went with the basic arpon template but I didn't create the slit in front per say. Instead I used pattern paper (DCWV) to create a pocket in which I put a little tag to match. I also created a fold which wraps to the back and creates a second pocket.

Back:


My images are all by Unity Stamp Co from their June Kit of the Month. My solid paper is by Stampin Up.

Be sure to swing on by Mirkwood Designs and check out this fabulous template to play along with JUGS. This is such a fun versatile template to play with.

Then hop on over to the JUGS DT to check out what they did for this fun project.

Andrea

Kathryn

Pam

Alicia

Lisa

That's it for now!

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

OMGosh! You really pulled out all the stops with this one! Love it! I love orange, so my eye was really drawn to it! The images are fab and the pocket on the back is so clever! Great idea to add the seed packet! Great challenge and love your card!

AKiteFlier said...

I love the paper and how you put the pocket on the back as well. What a FUN challenge this was Maria - great job - hope we get LOTS of players.

Andrea M said...

Maria! This is fabulous! I love the owls and the paper you used! What fun colors. Love the pocket on the back too - I love the addition of the seed packet - how creative! Great inspiration and thanks for hosting the challenge! I've never made an apron card before - the template was super easy and it's such a fun layout :)

Unknown said...

Maria, this apron card is sooooo cute! I haven't made one of these so I think I'm gonna try it. I love how you added those pockets and great papers with eye catching colors! Going to check it all out...

Kathryn B said...

Your apron card came out Sooooo nice Maria! I love the colors, owls and the way you put yours together! Thanks for the fun challenge! I've never done an apron card before!

Dana Gustafson said...

Such a great challenge this week Maria! I love your color combo and how you modified the template to use a pocket in the back. Excellent!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...