Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fun Magnets with Gina K

I love making magnets using those little 2x2 bathroom tiles! It is so easy and they look great! Perfect for a simple gift for a hostess or to stick in the stocking this Christmas!


I wanted to share with you this beauty I made using a stamp from the A Year With Flowers set from Gina K Designs. This set was designed by the fabulous Melanie who rocks as a card designer and stamp artist.

I stamped the flower using Stazon ink in black. I did color it in using slick writer markers which I have found work great on tiles and with Stazon. Copic markers won't do too well with the Stazon ink since the alcohol in the markers will not like the solvent in the ink. Then I decided to pull out my trusty stickles! Yes I love that stuff, can't get enough of glitz and glam.

I used Christmas Red, Candy Cane and Lime Green. Of course you need patience with stickles because they take a long time to dry. I usually use mine at night and then let the piece stay overnight to dry. That works well for me since I am a night stamper anyhow.


Not too long ago Michael's had a super sale of the dollar bin items! For .40 how can I resist picking up a bunch of things hoping I will find use for them. One thing I found were these great little satin boxes perfect for holding a magnet!

Here is what it looks like inside:



Here is the top of the box with an awesome Prima flower as decoration:


I'm thinking this might make a great addition to my ETSY shop in the near future.

That's it for now!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow did you ever find some bargains!! Too cool! The tile sure is glittery!!!

Donna Baker said...

what a great little gift! I love how you packaged it & the glitter on the flower

Melanie said...

beautiful little gift! :)

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...