Saturday, August 2, 2008

I'm Late, I'm Late for a Very Important....

Sketch challenge! We just got back today from visiting Elmo, Ernie and the whole gang! It was fun but exhausting.

I mentioned in this post about how Lauren M. has started a team for her weekly sketches and I was so honored to have been selected. I was so excited when she posted that she was looking for volunteers to be a part of this and psyched when she she wrote to me to tell me I was selected. Of course today was the first day and I had been on vacation, go figure. But better a little late than never! Here is the awesome sketch she created for today's challenge:


As soon as I got home this afternoon I began playing right away. OK I did unpack and put laundry in first :-)

Here is my sample for this week's sketch:



I used a great kit by Unity Stamp Co. called Birds of a Feather. I colored in using Copics and I had to add stickles to the wings and beak. The background pattern paper is by Daisy Bucket. I colored the flowers in the lower corner using a Prismacolor marker to match the Rose Red paper.

I'm really excited to have finished for this first week. Be sure to check the blogs of the other sketch team members as well as you will definitely find lots of great inspiration.

Lauren Meader's Sketch Challenge Team:


Thanks for stopping by.

Till Later....

6 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so cute, awesome job, love that sketch.

Lynda Benden said...

This is awesome Maria!!! I LOVE the layout and your image is fantastic! Great job!!!

Alicia Weiman said...

Nice card! I love the flowers at the bottom and the dry embossing is a nice touch too!

Tam said...

Holy Guacamole!!! I totally missed your announcement about being chosen for Lauren's sketch team - that's AMAZING!! I'm so happy for you - another honor so well deserved! I love to just see you going places, girl!! Congrats again!
Oh, and your card is SO adorable - great take on the sketch! I love the flowers for the bottom panal - very cute!
Tamara

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! what a cute card!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Darling card Maria, cute design and I LOVE the fun detail.

Have a wonderful week,
Jennifer :)

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...