Sunday, June 1, 2008

Unity Inspiration Challenge

As you know I received my wonderful package from Unity yesterday!! Of course I had to make something with it right away. I pulled out "Beach Day" for this challenge. A beautiful photo from Mexico was the inspiration. Check it out HERE.. I of course thought beach and the blues and greens. Here is what I came up with. This is a little "gift" holder. It's folded like a tent so that you can fit a little cello pack inside with a small gift or candy. Perfect for party favors! Here is the side view:


Inside I made a little seashell "gift". A few weeks ago I was walking along the beach with the kiddos and we picked up a bunch of shells. So here is the inside package. I thought it looks cute with the little shells in it. I also used the shell from the Beach Day set and colored with Copics and added diamond Stickles and a silk flower to the back.

The front of this creation is using Wild Wasabi paper by SU and embossing with the distressed embossing folder for the cuttlebug. I heat embossed the flip shoe twice in blue and colored in using Copic makers, added some bling to the end. The "happiness" sentiment is also heat embossed in blue. The patterned beach paper is by Imaginisce found here. The paper flowers are from the Michael's bridal section. I also added some stickles as well.


I think it came out cute, maybe you wouldn't give shells as a gift but thought for my purposes right now it was cute. We are actually going to visit someone at the shore this year so I was thinking this set will be a cool way to make something as a thank you gift.

Well that's it for now. I'm in the process of working on more stuff with the Unity stamps. They are actually having a DT call that ends in like 2 hours! If I happen to pump out 2 more projects in time maybe I will send it in, doesn't hurt. We'll see...


Thanks for stopping by.


Till Later.....




2 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

These are beautiful! Thanks for playing!

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea! I love the "shell" gift - I'm heading to Florida in a few weeks so you gave me a great idea!! Beautiful job, as always!!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...