Thursday, May 1, 2008

SCS Challenge - Two Way Card

Monday's (yes I know I'm a bit late) technique challenge over at SCS was to make a two way open card. It's really easy and very cool a great way to make elegant cards as well as fun cards. My design came out more on the elegant side but I like it. I think I will use this idea again.

Here it is closed.


I used black as a base. The great patterened paper is by Prima and can be found at Mothers & Daughters Creations. The sentiment is by Imaginisce and can also be found at MDC here. I used some ribbon I had from my bargin stash I picked up at AC Moore.


Here is the card opened once:






I used my birds and swirls ( I think that is the proper name) Cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss the card on the inside which is Mellow Moss. The flowers on the left are from the Michaels bridal section and have a drop of glitter (Stickles) in the middle. I though that the flowers added some elegance to the flap.


Here is the card fully opened where there is room for your message. I stamped a bird on it (sorry it is hard to see in the pic) this bird is from Inkadinkadoo.


Well that's it for now. Stay tuned I will have some things to share this weekend for National Scrapbooking Day, and it may or may not be a scrapbook page :-)


As you know I'm a huge Hanna Stamps fan. So I wanted to remind you of their release party tonight in the SCS forum. I can't wait to see the new sets in full, all the sneak peaks have been awesome. And I hear that they will release 2 mini sets! Can't wait! I believe the party starts at 9:00pm. I 'm sure to be there but will probably get dragged off the computer around 10 since Lost is on tonight! LOLOL!

Thanks for looking!



Till Later....





5 comments:

Lesa said...

Maria,
This is beautiful! I love the colors you used. Great job!

Kimmie said...

beautiful card - do you have a tutorial on how to make them?

Lynda said...

Oh my gosh Maria, this is SO elegant and SO beautiful! I need to try one of these because it is just fantastic!

~Lynda

Anonymous said...

You really do such a wonderful job pulling our products into your everyday work - I am so thrilled! This is just beautiful... And now I want to try one of these two-way open cards too - how cute!

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Absolutely stunning, wonderful job - great colors!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...