Saturday, May 17, 2008

Lauren's Weekly Sketch

Here is a Sweet Baby Girl card. This is based on Lauren's Sketch from last Saturday here. I started with SU Barely Banana. Used my Swiss Dots embossing folder for the cuttlebug (getting ALOT of use out of that one) for the background. All the great patterned paper is from the DCWV stack pack Nana's Nursery Baby Girl. The adorable image (sentiment) in the middle is Stampin Up's "So Many Scallops". This set really does work perfectly with the SU scallop punch and then I layered it over a Regal Rose circle.

The coolest part about this card is the layers. I have been using lots and lots of the pop dots or dimensionals lately to create layers. In person it's a great effect, sometimes harder to capture in a picture.

But here is a close up of the layers:

That's it for now.

Off I go to play with my new toy! I just got the Score Pal (finally!!). It was my Mother's Day gift from my husband.

Till Later....


4 comments:

Lesa said...

Maria, This turned out adorable! I love it! I need to get cracking and make a baby card for my son. His first lil one is due next month.

laos348 said...

That is so sweet - I like the layered look. It must look really great in person!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Darling card and layering Maria, LOVE the pretty dp and sweet design. Jennifer :)

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

way way way behind on my reader, but wanted to quick say - I love this card Maria!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...