Friday, April 11, 2008

Wedding Bells

Do you guys find yourself making cards all the time but then you don't have the appropriate one when the occasion arises? Tonight we have a wedding to attend so of course I needed a card. After doing Lauren's weekly sketch last week I really liked how my card came out so I used that sketch again to make a wedding card.

The stamp I used is (can you believe?) from the Target dollar spot. They had a few different themed sets so I figured what can you lose for a dollar. When I took them out I will tell you they are very thin, but then I tried stamping with it and it worked fine! I really thought it wasn't going to stamp well at all! So, this cute bell is one from Target. I colored it in using Copics as well as my old trusty Bic markers since I didn't have a Copic in the Burgundy, yet :-)

The great "love" paper can be found here at Mothers & Daughters Creations. The base is SU Regal Rose and I mounted it on Baroque Burgundy. The pink scalloped paper is by DCWV. For a little glitz I added some Stickles to the bell. The ribbon I had in my stash from the bags I picked up at AC Moore and the brads are from Making Memories I believe.

Hopefully I'll have some time tomorrows to stamp if I'm not too tired from the wedding which is sure to go late! It starts at 7:00pm. Have a great day!

Thanks for stopping by.

Till Later....


2 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh I love Wedding Bells! I didn't think this sketch could make an elegant wedding card, but you my dear have proved me wrong! This is lovely! Enjoy the wedding.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! OMG, that Target dollar spot is a killer! I always spend like $50 there - I have to STOP!!! Your barbell card below is killer too - how funny! You're so talented!!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...