Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Poppin Flowers



Tonight I am having photo issues, I think someone changed a setting on the camera so I had to play around to get a somewhat decent photo. But I know it's still a bad photo today, sorry about that.

Anyhow, this took the weekly sketch challenge at Lizzie Anne and the SCS technique challenge. The LAD was the sketch but the twist is to add some distressing and the SCS challenge was the faux cloisonne technique.

I started with Stampin Up's Rose Red and added layers from there. The fancy green patterned paper is by Autumn Leaves (picked up a pack today at Target on sale!). I used the Blissful Blossoms and Far East sets from LAD. My distressing was on the edges I used my Ranger distressing tool. But also on the layer behind the flowers. I used vanilla and added some Ranger distress inks to it, and then ran it through the cuttlebug using the tiny bubbles. It looked cool, I swear until I ended up covering it up with the flowers.

This is the first time I tried the faux cloisonne technique. I remember seeing it (or something very close) on the Carol Duvall Show awhile back and I think it was Micheal Strong who did the demo. Anyhow, today I went searching for some floral photos in magazines and then used black and gold embossing powder. I think this card does look a bit better in person, probably due to my photo issues today. But overall I wasn't thrilled by it. I think I went overboard on the flowers, not sure my great idea of stacking the flowers worked out so well. I glued two flowers done, used pop dots on the rest to make them pop off the page. Oh well, I just went with it even if it is not the best! Maybe I will try again!

Till later....

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Good photo or bad, this is a GORGEOUS card. I love the faux cloisonne technique. It's one I use a lot with flowers. Your card is beautiful!!

Meridith said...

Great Card Maria! I love those flowers! Thanks for playing along with me. :)

Kerry Johnson said...

I love the layered flowers! I think your card is gorgeous!
You may want to delete the post above mine - I think it might be spam/spyware.

Maren said...

So gorgeous!!

AJ said...

very pretty!!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...