Thursday, March 27, 2008

Hanna Takes Manhattan

Here she is Hanna in the city!

This set "But I need it" from Hanna Stamps is awesome. I decided that Hanna really needed that shopping trip to the city. Looks like she picked up quite a few things while there. This is a picture of her on her after her shopping trip! :-)

I started with Stampin Up's Lovely Lilac. I used my Cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss about 3/4 of the card. Check out the top of this card, it's a city skyline! This stamp is by Art Impressions. I picked it up some time ago at my local stamp store for a project I was working on at the time. I stamped it twice in a straight line using Versamark. I love the soft watermark look it provides. The cool patterned paper on the bottom is from K&Co., I picked up a few packs of these guys today at Joanne's on sale! I added the wonderful bridal flowers from Michael's in the corner with a dab of cinnamon stickles in the middle. The nice brown ribbon is by American Crafts, yet another bargain I got awhile back at AC Moore. LOLOL. The entire card is mounted on Stampin Up's Chocolate Chip.

Now onto Miss Hanna.....

I wanted to do something other than just color her in. So I started coloring using Sienna Brown Prismacolor marker for her hair. I used the skin white Copic for her skin and a purple glitter pen for her cool shoes. As for her outfit and bags, I cut it all out using patterned papers from Mothers & Daughters (dress) and my DCWV stack packs. Once she was all "pieced" together I cut her out. It is pretty tricky cutting her out she is very skinny, for a first time try I think it worked pretty well.

There you have it Hanna in the city!

Thanks for looking!

Till later.....

3 comments:

Karen said...

love it Maria!! great job!!

Anonymous said...

This is just sooooo clever! The C'bug plus that skyline is just the punch needed to allow Hanna to take the city by storm!

~Bev Gerard

Marilyn said...

Such a cute card - love the manhattan background - too fun!

Unity Stamp Co Tuesday Inspiration!

  I'm up on the UNITY BLOG today sharing some cards I made using 2 stamp sets! I used the February background of the month called   as...